Pregnancy and Maternity
Explore information about health conditions that can occur during pregnancy. Discover important self-care tips and nutrition basics for the best outcome for mom and baby.
Eating a healthy diet rich in vitamins and minerals is essential during pregnancy. Here are a few additional wellness tips that may help:
- Eat a nutrient rich diet with foods high in iron, calcium and folic acid.
- Stay active. Talk to your doctor about exercising during pregnancy.
- Drink plenty of water to stay well hydrated
- Take a prenatal vitamin as recommended by your healthcare provider.
- Reduce consumption of alcohol and caffeine, and quit smoking.
Copyright © 2019 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented by Healthnotes is for informational purposes only. It is based on scientific studies (human, animal, or in vitro), clinical experience, or traditional usage as cited in each article. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals. Self-treatment is not recommended for life-threatening conditions that require medical treatment under a doctor's care. For many of the conditions discussed, treatment with prescription or over the counter medication is also available. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2018.